Tuesday, August 3, 2010

as we move along . . .

what an exciting day!!
The granite finally rolled in about 2, as I was finishing up a bucket of thin-set, setting some tiles in the shower. It now looks like this, and has a few hours of tiling and grouting to go before it's ready for it's debut.



The kitchen continues to look more and more like it's name-sake. Especially with the addition of countertops to
day. The faucet is not as yet hooked up, but looks so sweet sitting there waiting for me!

The granite went in pretty smoothly for something that weighs upwards of five hundred pounds for each piece!

I have a couple of drawers built, and about a hundred to go. I really need to get the cabinet for the ovens built, so that it can get wired. Then I'll be pretty close to back in business with a "real" kitchen, even if I don't have a final spot for every single item. I've got quite a bit of storage available and now fabulous work space that's actually cleanable (not like plywood!).

No comments:

Post a Comment